Skip to main content

Arhpahair Products HONEST Review!

I had the opportunity to review Arhpahair (Pronounced "Afra") All Natural Hair Products so I decided to show you all my wash day and twist-out methods! 

The Owner was generous enough to send her entire line of hair products and they include the following:



Wash Day Products

My wash day line up included the Strengthening & Moisturizing Shampoo, the All Natural Scalp Cleanser, and the Avocado and Honey Deep Conditioner (in that order). 


Strengthening & Moisturizing Shampoo

Strengthening Shampoo


Pros: Did not strip my hair dry like normal shampoo. Upon initial application, the shampoo went on my hair almost like conditioner; I was literally finger de-tangling my hair with the shampoo! It was crazy. A little goes a long way with this shampoo and I LOVED that. It foamed easily and left my hair so shiny after I rinsed it. 

Cons: No lie, I had no complaints with the actual shampoo. My only suggestion would be to put it in a bottle with a pump to control the amount of product that comes out since it is so rich and a little really goes a long way. 


All Natural Scalp Cleanser
Pros: This cleanser is made with apple cider vinegar so I already knew it would leave my scalp squeaky clean and it did! I applied it directly to my scalp and kept it on for five minutes, then rinsed as directed.

Cons: Since the Scalp Cleanser is made with apple cider vinegar there is a slight vinegar smell upon application, but if you follow the directions and rinse the product, your hair will not be left with any vinegar smell. The smell maybe a issue to some, but it wasn't a big deal to me.
Scalp Cleanser



All Natural Avocado and Honey Deep Conditioner

Pros: Where do I begin? The smell of the deep conditioner is incredible. I was expecting more of an earthly heavy scent but it was the complete opposite. The smell is light and wasn't annoyingly strong like other conditioners I used in the past. The Deep conditioner melted into my hair and made my hair so soft and manageable! This is another one of their products where a little goes a long way because it really penetrated my strands and left strong and curly- shiny hair behind. 

Cons: I NEED more of this product; 4 ounces is not enough for the magic it contains. PERIOD. 
Avocado & Honey Deep Conditioner


Twist-Out Products

For my twist-out I used the Rich Conditioning Hair Cream as my moisturizer and the African Hair Growth Pomade as my oil. The two products combined left my hair defined, shiny, and EXTREMELY moisturized.

Rich Conditioning Hair Cream

Pros: It is extremely thick, yet goes on your hair with ease and melts like butter. My hair literally sucked the product up upon application. It wasn't too oily and the scent was light and matched the smell of the Avocado and Honey Deep Conditioner which was amazing.

Cons: I wouldn't be able to use the moisturizer as a stand-alone product because of how quickly my hair absorbed it (which isn't a bad thing), but when it was combined with the African Hair Growth Pomade, the Cream somewhat reactivated itself and made my twist-out more defined.
Rich Conditioning Hair Cream


African Hair Growth Pomade

Pros: Not too oily and I love a good pomade for my scalp. The oil saturated my scalp and hair without dripping down my neck or ears (lol). The smell was light and not heavily fragrant. 

Cons:  I would appreciate this product in oil form as well, not just as a pomade, but I don't have any complaints on the product. 
African Hair Growth Pomade


Final Thoughts?

Overall, Arhpahair All Natural Hair products have been a blessing to my hair. I loved how well the products worked together on my head and I love even more that all of the ingredients are all natural. I plan on incorporating the Strengthening and Moisturizing Shampoo and Avocado and Honey Deep Conditioner to my monthly wash day routine because they were my FAVORITE products out of the bunch. They left my hair shiny and bouncy even after ALL of the products were washed out.

Like  I mentioned before, I wouldn't necessarily use the Rich Conditioning Hair Cream by itself because my hair absorbed it too quickly, however when paired with the African Growth Pomade both products showed up and showed OUT with my twist-out definition!

The owner was a dream to work with and I am so grateful she reached out for a product review. I highly recommend her products if you are struggling with dry/previously heat- damaged hair, prefer an all natural product selection, are in need of affordable products, and if you support black-owned businesses! 

Check out how I used Arpahair Products on my Instagram and Youtube (Both under Nynalovee)  !

All Product Photos by @KaydenMadePhotos










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You CAN Overcome Heat Damage... Here's how

The title seems misleading, but it's true; you CAN overcome heat damage! But it will not happen overnight. Contrary to belief, there is no overnight hair product or oil that will magically fix your damaged hair. Before I dive into anything, let me give you a rundown of my heat damage experience. Go back to October 2017 for a second. It was a beautiful fall day in Atlanta. For whatever reason, I got the sudden urge to straighten my natural hair.A wig was not enough for me anymore. I just took my extra long twists out and I wanted to try something I haven't done in a while...... This was my first mistake. Later that day I began to prep for my straightening. I pulled out some old and I mean OLD heat protectant spray and spritzed it all over my hair. I can't remember the brand, however I do remember is it was in a green bottle, with an orange spray top. As I gathered my tools, I realized I had two really old flat irons tucked away in my beauty closet. I was excited about

Mielle Organics vs Kinky Curly (Curl Enhancers) REVIEW

Haven't blogged in a minute, have you missed me? (haha) Anyways, I am back with another review! Well it's a semi review.....This time I put my two favorite brands against each other. Off rip, my favorite product for SUPER curl definition is the Kinky Curly Curl Custard by Kinky Curly. My sister put me on this product earlier this year and it has been the ONLY product so far that gives me maximum definition. I have been itching to try other curl enhancing brands since I fell in love with the Kinky Curly Custard, so I finally tried something new! Before I get into this (new to me) product, I want to explain my hair to you. If I can be honest, I don't know my exact hair type. From what my hair has shown me, she behaves in a very "4C" manner.  My roots stay kinky, to the point that if there is no water/moisturizer on it, FORGET trying to define anything. The body and ends of my hair are another story. I have loose-wavy curls in the front, tight ASS coils on th

Texture ID...ENTIRE Line - Honest Review

I literally just want to dive right into this review and I will try my absolute hardest to not be long-winded (lol). I had the honor to try the entire Texture ID product line by Sally Beauty. I won them through a giveaway my homie/hair product-plug was hosting. The entire Texture ID line is made with four essential ingredients ( honey, aloe vera, protein, and nutrient rich oils) that are supposed to lock in moisture as well as provide intense definition. Listed below are each of the products from the Texture ID line as well as my initial thoughts. I will also let you know if I recommend the product or not and why I do (or don't recommend lol). Let's get into it.... Texture ID: Curl Clarifying Shampoo  - Rating: 6/10 The shampoo is very light almost too light for my hair, but it lathers well. I love the scent; it's not too heavy but it is also very light almost like a dryer sheet cotton-like scent. The product claims to not strip your hair of natural oils, b